Shown above, the photo on the left was taken in 1991 of the Hyattsville Hardware Co. on 5121 Baltimore Ave, which opened in 1910 and closed in 1992. The photo on the right was taken in 2012. The building is now the home of Franklin’s general store.
Then and Now: The Hyattsville Hardware Co.
This entry was posted in Hyattsville and tagged architecture, Franklins, history, photographs, restaurants. Bookmark the permalink.
3 Responses to Then and Now: The Hyattsville Hardware Co.
Leave a Reply
Recent Posts
-
Route 1 Community Forklift Marks 20 Years with Community Events (Sponsored Content)
-
Hyattsville’s New International Market Brings Authentic African Food to Route 1
-
WETA’s ‘Signature Dish’ Highlights Hyattsville’s Streetcar 82 Brewing Co.
-
Bethesda Company Buys The Station at Riverdale Park
-
Why College Park Is One of the Most-Changed Cities in the U.S.
Why is a picture from 1991 in black and white?
Because the Historic American Buildings Survey, who produced the photograph, does large format black-and-white documentary photography of historic structures across the United States. You can find more about the program (and its companion programs, the Historic American Engineering Record and the Historic American Landscapes Survey) here: http://www.nps.gov/history/hdp/